Nine-year-old Jack Davis came across a job opening within federal agency, NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) and even though he's only in the fourth grade, the self-proclaimed "Guardian of the Galaxy" thought he could be the perfect candidate.

He sent his application via a handwritten letter that reads, 'My name is Jack Davis and I would like to apply for the planetary protection officer job. I may be nine but I think I would be fit for the job. One of the reasons is my sister says I am an alien. Also, I have seen almost all the space and alien movies I can see. I have also seen the show Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and hope to see the movie Men in Black. I am great at video games. I am young so I can learn to think like an Alien."

Instead of tossing the letter to the side, NASA decided to respond in a viral letter that reads, 'our Planetary Protection Officer position is really cool and is very important work. It's about protecting Earth from tiny microbes when we bring back samples from the Moon, asteroids and Mars. It's also about protecting other planets and moons from our germs as we responsibly explore the Solar System. We are always looking for bright future scientists and engineers to help us, so I hope you will study hard and do well in school. We hope to see you here at NASA one of these days'.

Jack also received a phone call from NASA's Planetary Research Director at NASA Headquarters in Washington to congratulate him on his interest in the position.

Post a Comment

 
Top