Faze, a member of the defunct Plantashun Boyz, is not somebody many would forget in a hurry. Since the group broke up many years ago, Faze has managed to come out with some hit singles that have rocked the airwaves.

But in recent times, the singer went underground. It was a big surprise to so many that he was among the artistes that performed during the presidential inauguration gala held in Abuja late last month.

Speaking to Saturday Beats on how he landed the deal, Faze said it was basically through God’s favour. However, he could not forget that the former Baylesa State governor has been of immense help to his career.

“I think that was God’s grace and favour, basically. We have people we work with and they are doing their work properly. My management is doing their work properly too, so that helped. And then I have a good rapport with some people in government, especially Timipre Sylva. He was actually the one that made it happen. He’s been like a father to me. Also, I’ve known some of them for a long time,” he said.

Talking about his absence in the music industry, Faze said he has been working underground.

“I’ve been working on a project and I’m almost done with it. What is holding it is the collaboration I’m doing with some friends. So, knowing that they all have their schedules, I have to give them that consideration, and when I feel they have the time, I’ll work with them. The album is coming out this year but I won’t specify the time. The album is titled ‘2000&Faze’. The promo for the songs will soon hit the airwaves,” he said.

Faze has not ruled out the possibility of Plantashun Boys coming back together as he said, “We are planning on working on a new album together.”

Punchng

Post a Comment

 
Top