Amaju-PinnickChairman of Nigeria Women Football League, Dilichukwu Onyedinma, has exonerated the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) from any wrongdoing in the injury woes of Rivers Angels and Super Falcons full back, Gloria Ofoegbu.

Onyedimma, who spoke in Abuja yesterday, admitted the federation knew that Ofoegbu was injured, adding, “but we never knew she had not gotten over it. We didn’t hear from her afterwards, so how will we know that she has not recovered fully? I don’t know if anybody at NFF was aware of her current state but she never called me. I just got two calls from Port Harcourt on Friday alerting me of her situation. Believe me, it was news to me.”

Onyedinma faulted Ofoegbu for not confiding in anybody, adding, “Gloria is even close to me. I wonder why she didn’t talk to me one on one. I am so certain that if she had kept me in the picture, we would have sorted out her case by now. You remember the case of Obinna Nwobodo, it was handled that way because NFF was carried along.

“I am the head of the women football department of NFF. Gloria’s case should have come through me but incidentally she didn’t come through me. I am not a spirit to know what is happening to every player. Somebody has to bring such things to my notice. It is when you inform me and I don’t act that you will hold me responsible.”

She pointed out that there were specified channels to bring such issues to NFF’s knowledge.

“We have a doctor assigned to the Falcons. The doctor should know the history of the injury and will advise the NFF accordingly. I don’t know to what extent Gloria also carried the doctor along”, she observed.

Onyedinma is optimistic that Ofoegbu will soon get the necessary attention from the Federation.

“The current NFF board doesn’t procrastinate over such things. You still remember the Nwobodo case. If NFF didn’t act before now, it was because she did not follow the appropriate channels. Now that she has brought it to my notice, I will pick it up from there. I can assure you that we will do the needful. She will be an asset to the Falcons when ful

Post a Comment

 
Top