gdf

A WOMAN brutally attacked in a flat by a man reportedly known to her has spoken about her shocking injuries – calling the beating "hell”.

Kirsty Jones was assaulted in the home in the early hours of Saturday morning, suffering “full blown punches” to her head.

The battering left her in such pain she was unable to open her right eye.

Kirsty Jones
Kirsty Jones
Kirsty Jones
Victim Kirsty suffered heavy swelling around her eye, bruising, cuts and large bumps on her head following the brutal beating.

The 29-year-old has been in and out of hospital due to vomiting and still does not know if she has broken any bones.

Describing the brutal attack, allegedly at the hands of a man who was known to her, Kirsty said: “I thought I was going to die.

“I didn’t know if it was ever going to stop. It seemed to go on forever.

“I could not see anything out of my eye. It was full blown punches to my head.”

Pictures following the savage attack show Kirsty with a badly bruised eye. She looks covered in blood and her right eye is completely closed.

Days later and her eye is still severely swollen and is now bloodshot.

Since the attack, Kirsty, from Stockton, Durham, says she feels frightened to go out.

The beating also took place in Stockton and she says she doesn’t “feel like going out anymore”.

Kirsty added: “I don’t like going out anymore. I feel worried. It’s been hell.”

Cleveland Police have confirmed they arrested a man in connection with the alleged assault.
Kirsty Jones
Kirsty still needs to return to hospital in a fortnight to see if she has suffered any broken bones, as the swelling is currently so severe.

She added “I cannot feel anything down the side of my face. I keep feeling sick and dizzy. I have been back to A&E a few times.

“They did x-ray it but obviously I couldn’t open my eyes at first so I had to go back. I had to do some eye tests and open my eyes.

"I’ve been backwards and forwards because I’ve been vomiting. They can’t really tell anything until the swelling is down.”

A spokeswoman for the police said: “A 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and was released on bail pending further inquiries.”





























Post a Comment

 
Top