Anthony Martial scored his first goal of the season for Manchester United in their last match a 1-1 draw at home to Stoke City in the Premier League

ANTHONY MARTIAL has been in frustrating form for Manchester United this season so far.

Martial scored his first goal of the campaign in United’s last game before the international break in a 1-1 draw against Stoke City at Old Trafford.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/nintchdbpict000267035953-e1476648179483.jpg?w=698


Anthony Martial believes this could be his year
Anthony Martial scores his first goal of the season against Stoke City
Anthony Martial scores his first goal of the season against Stoke City
Anthony Martial runs off to celebrate his goal
Anthony Martial runs off to celebrate his goal
The young Frenchman will be hoping his goal will give him the confidence to improve and play like he did last season after his move from Monaco.

Martial however believes he can be better and United fans have not seen the best of him yet.
Martial told the Mirror: “It’s a big season for me and I want to be better than last year.”

“I don’t think you have seen the true Martial at Man United yet. I know I can perform better, I know I can do more.

“But I’m convinced this season can be my year. It’s a feeling I have.”

The 20 year old made headlines last year when he made the move to the Premier League in a deal worth £36m but the young striker scored 17 goals in his debut season for the Red Devils.

Likened to Thierry Henry, Martial has been playing out wide recently and perhaps would prove more lethal in a central position.
However that position has been taken control of by none other than Zlatan Ibrahimovic who also took Martial’s number 9 shirt.

As reported by the Daily Mirror it seems that Martial recognises the challenge ahead and is happy to face it and show just how good a player he is.

“I am a professional footballer and it’s a game where the coach decides where you can be most beneficial for the team,” he said. “As long as I am attacking, I am happy. I know what Jose Mourinho decides will be best for me, personally, and for the team.”
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has forced Martial to play out wide this season
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has forced Martial to play out wide this season
“I have many aspects of my game I need to improve and that’s what I am focusing on. I prefer not to say what they are in public – for me, it’s a secret and I just want to work hard.

“When I look back, I think I could have done more last season, but I have to be positive. I didn’t think I’d play so quickly and get a regular place at my age.

“It is not easy to arrive in a different country and adapt quickly, but I think I’m getting there and I’m proud of that. But I want to be even better this season.”































Post a Comment

 
Top