TV STAR Tina Malone has shown off the incredible photos she took before having surgery to remove excess skin she branded “vile”.
The ex-Shameless and Brookside star clutches the loose folds of skin she has had removed as part of a £50,000 blowout on surgery.
The star, who played Mimi Maguire on Shameless, was unhappy when she was left with nearly A STONE of spare skin after losing 11 stone.
Tina shows off her bod
Discovery Communications.
She made the amazing weight loss after having a gastric band fitted five years ago and slimming down to 8st 2lb.
The actress reveals every step of her incredible transformation in a new show called Tina Malone: My New Body on TLC tomorrow night.
In the show, before she has the surgery Tina, 52, says: “It’s such a shame to have lost all the weight, and then to be left with all this excess skin.
“I’ve looked like a piece of ugly s**t for 18 years. I’m prepared to risk everything to get the body I’ve never had.
Her excess tummy skin
Her excess tummy skin Discovery Communications.
“My boobs are like golf balls in socks. I’d take off if I flap my arms; they are like bat wings.
“The one thing that stands out for me is the turkey neck. It destroys me. People don’t see what I have to see.
“What I tuck into my knickers and bra. I’m never going to be happy while I’m carrying all this skin; it makes me feel vile.”
In the documentary she is seen going to The Hospital Group and has a series of operations which sees her having 13lbs of skin removed.
On March 4 she has her bingo wings removed, on April 27 she had excess stomach flesh removed and on June 29 she had boob implants. The final operation on August 5 sees her having a facelift and eyelift.
Pre boob op
Pre boob op Discovery Communications.
But the surgery didn’t come without its problems for new mum Tina. She revealed: “I had been told not to do too much and, in spite of my mum and my husband, Paul, telling me to rest and recuperate, I was picking the baby up and I stretched my arm up and heard and felt something split.
“It was horrendous – but it was me doing too much.”
In the documentary Tina goes to Brentwood, Essex, to meet Towie star Gemma Collins.
She tells Gemma, “If you’re fat, don’t celebrate it.
“We should not celebrate fat people because it’s not healthy.
“You’re tall, you’re elegant but you’re a fat girl and while you’re a fat girl you will never be happy.”
After her operations
After her operations Discovery Communications.
Later Tina confesses: “My relationship with food has always been a difficult one. I don’t want one bag of crisps, I want six bags. I don’t want three biscuits, I want the whole packet and I’ve been like that all my life. There is no dignity in eating too much.
“Part of the weight could’ve been rebelling against my parents. I’d eat to annoy them. I never wanted my parents to come to school for parents' evening because everybody looked at them because they were so good looking. I was never a pretty kid. My parents never told me I was good looking.”
After the skin removal a happy Tina says: “I’m so much more comfortable in my skin because I have less of it to be comfortable in.
“To hear my mum say I look beautiful is amazing. She doesn’t drop compliments easy so it’s worth its weight in gold.”
Pleased Tina after surgery
Pleased Tina after surgery Discovery Communications.
Tina after all the work is complete
Tina after all the work is complete Discovery Communications.

Tina Malone: My New Body is on TLC this Thursday at 10pm

TLC is available on Sky 125, Virgin 167, BT TV 413, TalkTalk 413


Post a Comment

 
Top