A WAITROSE customer hit out at the upmarket supermarket after she was shamed by a security guard for taking a picture of a great deal on champagne.
Zoe Lowdon took to social media to complain about what she described as “the most mortifying shopping experience of my life”.
Mum-of-three Zoe Lowdon was reprimanded for taking photos inside a Waitrose store
FACEBOOK

Mum-of-three Zoe Lowdon was reprimanded for taking photos inside a Waitrose store
She said she was made to feel like a
FACEBOOK

She said she was made to feel like a ‘naughty child’
In a post on the supermarket’s Facebook page Zoe says that she popped into her local branch after work to grab something for dinner.
Whilst there she saw a great deal on champagne and took a photo to send to her husband as a hint for a Christmas present.
But, as she went to leave the store she claims she was stopped by a security guard who had watched her snap a photo of the bargain.
Zoe said: “To my surprise after I’d paid for my shopping a security guard came over and ushered me to one side, he then reprimanded me for taking photos in-store.
“He told me it was against store policy and I shouldn’t be taking photos at all, I was made to feel like a naughty child and not a grown mother of three.
“Worse than that I was approached in a way that a thief would be approached upon leaving a store, shoppers around me even looked over to see what the fuss was about.
“I find it completely ridiculous that this security guard that had followed me around the alcohol section  didn’t just ask me not to take a photo, or politely mention it to me at that point rather than wait until I had paid and accost me at the till where I was surrounded by shoppers.”
Zoe posted this message on Facebook after visiting the store
FACEBOOK / ZOE LOWDON

Zoe posted this message on Facebook after visiting the store
Zoe took the photo as a hint for her hubby to buy her champagne for Christmas
FACEBOOK

Zoe took the photo as a hint for her hubby to buy her champagne for Christmas
The busy mum said she often takes photos in shops to share with her husband or remind herself of great deals, and hit out at the supermarket for not making its policy clear.
She added:  “Instead of spending millions on Christmas ads I suggest you invest your money on training staff how to deal with customers, rewriting policies and putting up signs that make it clear what your policies are.”
mum-shamed-fb-3
FACEBOOK

Zoe has called on Waitrose to invest in training for their staff after a security guard told her off
The young mum
ALAMY

A Waitrose spokesman has since apologised for the incident
A spokesman for Waitrose told Mirror online: “We are very sorry for the distress this has clearly caused and we’ve contacted Mrs Lowdon to apologise.
“Shoppers are welcome to take photography of products on their mobile phones if it’s just for their own use – and we’ll be reminding our shops of our guidelines to avoid any confusion in the future.”
Chef Heston Blumental has created a banana and bacon trifle for the Waitrose Christmas range.

Post a Comment

 
Top