ALAN Carr has revealed that he had a meltdown when he turned 40.
The Chatty Man hit the landmark back in June, but he’s revealed he turned to gin and had a gold old cry.
REX FEATURES
3
Alan Carr has been revealing all about how he felt when he was turning 40
Speaking to this week’s Woman magazine he said: “I had a mini-breakdown! I drank half a bottle of gin and then the dogs – my red setters Bev and Joyce – and me just cried going ‘I don’t want to die’.
“Something’s gone but I don’t know what it is – maybe my youth.
“Then I felt stupid for getting upset, because it’s only a number.
“You’d think I was 80 the way I’m talking!”
REX FEATURES
3
He said he had a mini-breakdown
He also talked about his “showbiz pals”, and how he once let Kanye West down, he said: “You know what it’s like in showbiz ‘Darling’s, let’s have dinner’ doesn’t mean ‘Let’s have dinner’ and I’ve heard it so many times from stars.
“So Paul (his fiancé) tells Kanye West we’re going to California for our holidays and Kanye says, ‘We must hang out’ and I’m like ‘Yeah, yeah. Whatevs.’
“So after a fortnight’s holiday we’re at LA airport and Paul gets an email from Kanye: ‘Are you guys in LA yet?’ It was too late – we were on the plane home!”
h
1D in epic dance battle with Alan Carr
Meanwhile, we revealed last month how the Chatty Man is engaged to marry his long-term actor boyfriend – and best friend Adele is going to be the bridesmaid.
Speaking for the first time about the shock proposal by actor Paul Drayton in Indonesia, Alan – who shows off his engagement ring in our exclusive pictures – tells The Sun in an exclusive interview: “He asked me to marry him in Lombok.
“There were nine couples in this boutique hotel and a man playing the organ.
“I went to the toilet and came out to eat dessert.
X17ONLINE.COM
3
He revealed he let showbiz pal Kanye West down on a dinner date once
“And then I was like, ‘’Oh my God, a filling’s come out, just my luck on holiday.’
“I pull it out and it’s this ring and then the man on the organ starts singing Can you feel the love tonight?
“Then the chef, all the staff came out and the manager and sang Can You Feel the Love Tonight, but they didn’t know the next lyric, so they just sang,
‘Can you feel the love tonight? Can you feel the love tonight?’
“So it was my idea of hell, but of course I said yes.
“My life is a roller coaster, like Ronan Keating says.
“It’s really nice.”

Alan Carr with Paul Drayton
3
Happy couple… Alan with hubby-to-be Paul Drayton
The wedding is expected to be an A-list affair next year attended by Alan’s large group of celebrity friends – and there will be a very big performance by the couple’s closest famous pal Adele.
Alan says: “The engagement only happened last week so I don’t know exactly what we’ll do.
“But a big old wedding and we’ll get Adele singing Someone Like You.”

Post a Comment

 
Top