The cake champion was uncomfortable with the attention

FAR from soaking up all the attention as the blushing bride Great British Bake Off champion Nadiya Hussain has branded her wedding one of the “WORST” days of her life.
The culinary whizz got hitched to Abdal while she was still a teenager in a ceremony arranged by her parents.
GBBO champion Nadiya Hussain reveals her wedding was one of the 'worst' days of her life
WENN
8
GBBO champion Nadiya Hussain reveals her wedding was one of the ‘worst’ days of her life
Her parents arranged her marriage to Abdal when she was 19
FACEBOOK
8
Her parents arranged her marriage to Abdal when she was 19
Yet aged 19, she said she was obliged to follow an unwritten rule to “behave submissively and look downcast.”
Nadiya, the current title-holder of the BBC Bake Off crown, said: “I have to say my wedding day was one of the worst days of my life.
“I was an emotional wreck and I cried through the whole thing. I didn’t smile very much. You are literally on show and it’s something I was always really uncomfortable with. The bride will often keep her head down. I never really understood it.”
Nadiya needed the tissues as she cried all the way through her special day
SUPPLIED BY WENN
8
Nadiya needed the tissues as she cried all the way through her special day
She added:  “It’s bizarre a bride is unhappy on her wedding day, when really she should be happy.”
Memories of her nuptials were sparked during her new TV series, The Chronicles of Nadiya.
She is the current Bake Off champion after impressing judges on the last series
BBC
8
She is the current Bake Off champion after impressing judges on the last series
The Luton lass is all smiles with hubby Abdal
INSTAGRAM
8
The Luton lass is all smiles with hubby Abdal
The sweet-toothed TV star visited her home country of Bangladesh and the wedding of her distant cousin, Jasmine, which sparked her contemplative state.
As well as the ceremony, she will be seen all smiles in intimate family moments with her husband and wider family.
The Great British Bake Off: and the winner is...Nadiya!
Sweet Abdal serenades her every morning
NOT KNOWN
8
Sweet Abdal serenades her every morning
Despite being glum on her big day the bubbly baker is relishing married life.
She confessed her other half serenades her with Counting Crows classic Accidentally in love every single day after they chose the track for their wedding day dance.
Yet she told The Mirror she wouldn't be ushering her kids along the same wedding route and said: "I want something different for my children. I wouldn’t dream of arranging a marriage.”
The bubbly baking ace now has a show of her own on the BBC
PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION
8
The bubbly baking ace now has a show of her own on the BBC

Yesterday, woman behind the Queen's Jubilee cake lifted the lid on being victim of horrific racial abuse.
The Luton-born Muslim, praised for her positive community role, told the Desert Island Discs show on Radio Four she even "expected" to be a target.
Nadiya Hussain reveals racist threat during Great British Bake Off
She has also opened up on being victim of horrific racial abuse
PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION
8
She has also opened up on being victim of horrific racial abuse
She said: “I love being British and I love living here, this is my home and it always will be regardless of all the other things that define me.
“This is my home and I want my kids to be proud of that and I don’t want them to grow up with a chip on their shoulder, so I live as positively as I can.”
The Chronicles of Nadiya starts on BBC1 on August 24 at 9pm, after the first episode of the new series of The Great British Bake Off.

Post a Comment

 
Top